Country Maid Food Manufacturing Intern Opportunity
Country Maid Food Manufacturing Intern Opportunity. Country Maid, Inc. is seeking a summer intern to assist our QA team with various aspects of HACCP and SQF Plan administration, training and testing. The ideal candidate is a university or college student going into their sophomore, junior, or senior year. We are seeking an inquisitive self-starter with a long-term interest in becoming a QA Manager.
Name of Post: QA / SQF (Food Manufacturing) Intern
Location: WEST BEND, IA
WORK LISTING: Specific work this position is accountable for includes but is not limited to, the following:
- Under the direction of QA/SQF Manager, will assist with adherence to and performance of the HACCP and SQF plans.
- Conducts micro testing.
- Prepares samples to send into a lab for micro testing.
- Assists in writing plan, quality, and work process documents.
- Develops and conducts employee quality and GMP training.
- Bakes and evaluates samples
- Communicates with vendors to obtain testing ingredients and maintain proper usage documentation
- Provides assistance as necessary with adherence to USDA/FDA/FSMA/SQF regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is classified as a paid, part-time Summer Internship.
- This position reports directly to the QA/SQF Manager.
- The internship will run from (approximately) June to August 2021.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in food science and quality assurance.
- This position requires a strong work ethic and is designed for a current sophomore, junior, or senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related field.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, managing several projects at a time.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Exhibits creative thinking and problem-solving.