Kellogg’s Food Science Job Opening 2021 – Quality Manager Post
Lead with Kellogg as you manage the quality and food safety of our ingredients with suppliers. Engage with us as you maintain ingredient specifications, quality programs, and vendor relationships. Innovate with us as you work with our product development team to support a portion of the Kellogg product launch process from concept development to commercialization.
Job Title: Associate Manager, Quality Ingredients
As a member of a dynamic and experienced team, you will play a role in making us the most innovative food company in the world. We are looking for someone who is motivated, innovative, and a good team player who can help create experiences to exceed our consumers’ expectations.
- Serving as the raw material contact – for all Kellogg North America facilities regarding overall ingredient quality, specification variations, and food safety issues for assigned categories.
- Providing functional supervision – to some raw material suppliers in the area of quality, compliance of specifications, and food safety by being involved in cost /quality relationships with Procurement, R&D, Kellogg Facilities, and suppliers.
- Reviewing the food safety and quality attributes – of new and existing ingredients. Soliciting feedback from the plants to conduct ongoing performance evaluations of existing suppliers using the Supplier Management System. Based on feedback, coordinating resolution of ingredient issues with suppliers as well as positive supplier feedback.
- Being knowledgeable and informed – on the safety and regulatory compliance of ingredients and potential contaminants. Assessing risks and, notifying appropriate senior management and technical personnel of potential issues prior to their occurrence.
- Serving as the liaison – with Quality, Communications, Research, Consumer implications of new product formulations or ingredient changes, microbiological safety, Kellogg practices, and regulatory compliance. Maintaining accurate and up to date ingredient information in SAP and QIC Database for assigned ingredient categories.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Your knack and strong sense in any of the following will set you apart! Food law, food technology, food chemistry, microbiology, cereal science, or agricultural practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Grain Science, Food Technology, Microbiology, Chemistry or food-related.
- Keen at being a leader? You’ll knock it out of the park!
- Connecting with suppliers, Procurement, and management with diplomacy will promote good relations.
- Functioning successfully as a project manager, planner, coordinator, and communicator is the key!
Your specialty in understanding cereal grains makes the difference!
Kellogg’s Food Science Job