Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Hiring Research Associate – Apply Online
A full-time technical research associate position is available in the laboratory of Roger Belizaire, MD, Ph.D. at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. They are seeking enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, challenging research environment, and can interact well with others as part of a cohesive team. If you have a desire to make a significant impact in healthcare and have the determination to work hard, you will succeed within this team.
Location: 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Category: Research Technician/Scientist
Employment Type: Full time
This is an ideal entry-level position in the world of cutting-edge cancer research. An ambitious mindset and a willingness to take on challenging learning opportunities will be critical traits in this new and growing laboratory. Ideal candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills along with a desire to help others succeed.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Perform experiments, which may be moderate to complex with increasing independence.
- Record data and analyze results using basic statistics.
- Maintain and perform experiments using cells in tissue culture.
- Preclinical in vivo work (mouse handling, injections, and tissue harvest).
- Help prepare presentations and written articles for publication.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals and instruments, and maintain equipment.
- Maintain supplies inventory in accordance with departmental procedures.
- All other duties, as assigned.
The Technical Research Assistant will work under supervision to support the investigative team in the primary lab appointment at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute by performing molecular cloning, cell-based assays, PCR/RT-PCR, and other biochemical techniques.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: cell culture work (i.e., generation and maintenance of stable cell lines); isolation and analysis of primary cells from blood or bone marrow; injection (IP/IV) and blood collection from mice; and maintaining lab supplies and generating shared reagents.
Laboratory environment: occasionally works with animal colonies, radioactive isotopes, toxic chemicals, biohazards, and substances emitting unpleasant odors.
- B.A./B.S. Required with significant biological/physical science coursework preferred.
- Experience with techniques in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry, and/or computational biology is desirable.
- High degree of computer literacy
- Sound analytical and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Logical and effective task management and prioritization skills
- Ability to identify potential problems and troubleshoot solutions
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute