Food Safety and Sanitation Intern – Summer 2023 @ Kellogg’s
As a Food Safety and Sanitation Intern with Kellogg for Summer 2023, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Corporate and Plant Sanitarian managers to understand how sanitation impacts the plant and how the plant systems and operations, in turn, impact sanitation. You also are part of the process to develop initiatives to improve overall plant hygiene and product quality, productivity and capacity.
Job Req ID: 10180
Category: SupplyChain/ Operations
Location: Battle Creek
- Students majoring in (included but not limited to) Food Science, Food Safety, Chemistry, Microbiology, Agricultural/Mechanical/Chemical/Biological & Food Process Engineering, etc.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Available for a 3-month assignment from May 22, 2023 – August 11, 2023
- Anticipated graduation date cannot fall during the course of, or at the completion of, your internship. We request students plan to return to campus the semester following the conclusion of their internship.
- Previous engineering/plant experience
- Leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Daily Grind – You will conduct assigned projects while increasing the level of understanding of processes and methods while also providing technical or scientific direction through research on assigned project.
Collaborating for Success – Teamwork is key. You will be interacting with the project teams and laboratory personnel in the plants, particularly the engineering or maintenance manager, chemical supplier, pest manager and so on! Teamwork makes the dream work right?
Attention to Detail – In this role, there is lots of exposure to a variety of food ingredients and operation of certain process equipment may be necessary.
Adaptability – Being adaptable to the ever-changing needs of operations and sanitation activities is extremely important and will help you succeed through the summer!
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
As part of the Kellogg Internship program, you will participate in our corporate onboarding orientation and have the chance to visit our Kellogg World Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City, USA!) during the Intern Finale meeting. These events consist of executive exposure, former intern & executive panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 3-month, full-time commitment starting May 2023. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? The internship concludes with a Final Showcase event and presentation to functional leaders.
Food Safety and Sanitation