Food Safety & Quality Intern Vacancy @ Ocean Spray
Ocean Spray is looking for a creative, collaborative, detail-oriented and results driven Food Safety and Quality Intern to work with the Operations team to ensure that all food quality standards are met, with no exceptions, at our Middleboro, MA production facility.
Job Title: Food Safety and Quality Intern
Location: Middleboro, MA
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze production samples for moisture, acid, oil, etc. using various lab instruments.
- Initiate problem-solving activities relating to quality parameter issues.
- Support the continuous training, record keeping and maintenance of the food safety and quality practices within the plant.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures, including laboratory safety and chemical handling.
- Good communication skills are required as well as the ability to work independently once trained.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Degree in Food Science or relative work experience preferred.
- 1 – 3 years prior production/manufacturing experience OR 2+ years relevant lab technician experience.
- Food/beverage industry experience a plus.
- Requires good computer, Word processing, and email skills.
Who We Are:
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what’s better – canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alike–we value what makes us unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by living our values:
- Grower Mindset – We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results – Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All – We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork – We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
Food Safety and Quality