Food Science Trainee Vacancy @ Kemin – Candidates Apply Online
Kemin Food Technologies (KFT) is looking for a Graduate Development Trainee to join their team! In this role, you will participate in a commercial support training program to develop technical application and customer support skills within the KFT protein business. By participating in the rotational program, the trainee will learn all aspects of Kemin Food Technologies customer centric approach to commercial development. During the development program, the trainee will work on meaningful projects, learning skills including project management, technical application – via internal pilot studies and external meat processing facilities. A diverse set of duties will be assigned by the hiring manager and Executive sponsor to facilitate professional growth.
Graduate Development Trainee – Food Technologies
Location US-IA-Des Moines
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, with an interest in food manufacturing
- Meat or Food Science degree preferred
- Demonstrated drive to learn more about the business and grow into a leadership role.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a high-energy atmosphere with a strong resilience to adversity.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
As a Kemin team member, you’ll receive…
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Continued learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor’s Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual teacher’s awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
- Perform department specific tasks which may include laboratory and bench testing analyses, development of written application trial protocols and final reports, customer trial support, data management and presentation within industry
- Assist Technical Service team and Applications Manager with customer related trials as needed
- Actively complete department specific goals during each rotation.
- Complete all required training of the program.
- Actively engage your executive business mentor to facilitate further professional growth and business understanding.
- Participate in a PIP project.
Food Science Trainee Vacancy