Foundation Medicine Bioinformatics Intern Vacancy – Apply Online
Foundation Medicine Bioinformatics Intern The Intern, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics contribute scientific and technical expertise to an interdisciplinary team focused on making a large-scale clinical impact through advanced analysis and science. The Intern identifies biomarkers in tumor DNA and RNA, collaborates with other scientific teams to enrich analysis and contributes to other projects as needed.
Job Title: Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Intern (Graduate)
Location: Seaport Blvd., Boston, Massachusetts, United States
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD in biology, computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
• Proficient with programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, or R)
• Bachelor’s Degree in biology, computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
• Prior experience with next-generation sequencing data
• Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics
• Demonstrated instances of relevant independent study or projects
• Excellent teamwork and leadership skills demonstrated through a portfolio of graduate study related work, and/or activities
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
• Contribute to methods and algorithms to identify alterations and biomarkers in tumor DNA sequencing and RNA sequencing data derived from clinical cancer specimens.
• Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the development and validation of methods.
• Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Work independently and prepare deliverables and project schedules.
• Other projects as assigned.