Gilead Sciences Biochemistry Intern Vacancy – Apply Online
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Job Title: Intern – Analytical GMP Chemist (Undergraduate)
Location: United States – California – Foster City
Eligbility Criteria, Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Undergraduate enrolled in a US-based college or university
- Pursuing degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- Demonstrated experience with Analytical Chemistry techniques
- Completed coursework in Analytical or Organic Chemistry
- Experience working in a lab using analytical instrumentation like analytical balances, pH meters, Karl Fischer Titrator, liquid chromatography (LC), gas chromatography (GC), etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September
- Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination* prior to start of internship
A summer research internship is available in the Department of Analytical Outsourcing and Stability at the Foster City, CA, campus of Gilead Sciences.
- Under general supervision, the summer intern will:
- Learn cGMP and analytical techniques in Quality Control (QC) environment
- Conduct basic GMP analysis following written procedures such as appearance, solution preparations, water content by Karl Fischer, liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, etc.
- Gain knowledge of GMP laboratory processes and support projects/tasks for improving efficiency and compliance
- Work closely with team members and contribute to day-to-day lab operations and organizations
Support compendial review program, as needed
- Participate in group meetings. May present data or prepare information for others to present
- Use Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions or write simple protocols and reports
Gilead Sciences Biochemistry Intern