Gilead Sciences Internship Opportunity – Biology Apply
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Location: United States – California – Foster City
Req ID: R0017264
Job Description of Gilead Sciences Internship
Specific Responsibilities/Scope of Project:
A summer research internship is available with the Bioassay/Function Group at Gilead Oceanside, CA campus. This position is 100% remote (work from home).
- The scope of the project is to develop and optimize data management tools for bioassay workflows.
- Many of the routine workflows for bioassay sample testing can be automated to improve efficiency. Development of experiment spreadsheets with built-in calculations, streamlined data analysis through automated data export are a few examples of useful tools.
- Work with GLMS manager to create data query and trending tools.
- Generation and organization of a reference database is needed to easily search and share literature to support paper writing and regulatory documents.
- Implementation of laboratory management software is needed to track critical reagents for bioassays.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Undergraduate or graduate student in the or related field (biology, bioengineering) enrolled in a 4-year accredited university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship.
- Basic programming skills may be useful.
- The candidate will have experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with SoftMax and GraphPad Prism is a plus.
- Prior experience with bioassay development may be useful.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail are essential.
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.