Global R&D Intern Vacancy 2021 – Candidates Apply Online
During your internship, you will learn how our R&D organization operationalizes innovation from the starting plant material, through converting to a food ingredient, and ultimately to application in foods. You will learn the basics of innovative research, proof-of-concept, and characterization of prototypes, and be responsible for applying scientific principles to translate your data into key value propositions. You will be given the opportunity to meet and greet with upper management and colleagues across the organization, beyond R&D. Upon completion of the summer, you will present to a broad cross-functional team, at multi-levels. A stretch goal will be to publish your work in a peer-reviewed publication.
- As the R&D Intern, Plant-based Protein, your responsibilities will include:
Operating laboratory equipment safely and with little direct supervision to support project needs
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment; following guidelines for good housekeeping and safety Conducting searches on prior art (literature, patents), and current technology including competitive activity on related projects, and summarizing the outcomes inappropriate report
- Ensuring excellent record maintenance of research activities, both electronically and on paper lab notebooks.
- Performing laboratory experiments, conduct data analysis, and interpret results to make recommendations to the project team and support the project
- Coordinating, summarizing, and reporting data generated from these experiments
Recording data in the Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and other archiving databases as appropriate; effectively communicating results to project teams and partners
- Presenting research findings to management with recommendations for future New Product Development or Applied Research projects at the completion of the internship period
The R&D Intern, Plant-based protein position is well suited for you if you:
- Are an ambitious individual who loves to see and create results
- Have proven ability to deliver under agreed-upon deadlines
- Are able to work collaboratively with peers and others
- Have solid teamwork skills and are a creative problem solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in Food Science & Technology, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- GPA currently a 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Ability to work 40 hrs per week during the internship term
- Laboratory research experience is required
- Basic statistical knowledge and skills to analyze experimental data
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Working knowledge of basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
Global R&D Intern