Hershey Sr Food Technologist Vacancy Announced – Apply Online
Hershey Food Technologist The Food and Ingredient Technology Internship/Co-Op is a unique opportunity ideally suited for a student who is interested and capable of working as a food technologist. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in food science and biology may apply for the job posting. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Sr Food Technologist
Location: Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
As a Senior Food Technologist, you will fill a critical role in the successful development and execution of the US Region’s multi-year continuous improvement plan. Utilizing solid food science skills, you will work to identify product and process optimization opportunities including but not limited to ingredient and recipe changes, product quality improvements, supply continuity initiatives, manufacturing technical services, and process improvements, and new technology applications as assigned. As a member of the team, you will lead cross-functional teams on undertaking projects of strategic importance and complexity from concept through implementation with responsibility for the development, validation, and industrialization for sustainability. This work is usually performed in a laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing environment utilizing equipment and scientific and analytical instrumentation.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemical, Food Process, or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or Biology with a minimum of four years applicable work experience or a master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of applicable work experience. Work experience should span from laboratory to manufacturing environment. Strong preference for confectionery or food manufacturing experience and dual degree candidates in Food Science and Chemical, Food Process or Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Possess full working technical knowledge of product and process development and optimization, including formula and process development, optimization, manufacturing validation and implementation.
- Demonstrated application of food science and process engineering principles in developing manufacturing solutions with a sound understanding of the interaction between process unit operations and product physical and sensory properties.
- Working knowledge of Food Science and Engineering principles, Quality Assurance, Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, TPM, and green/black belt certification
- Experience operating lab and pilot-scale equipment/instrumentation and working in a manufacturing plant.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercising a moderate level of judgment in project execution.
- Possess time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in an expedient manner, understanding the required business objectives, developing solutions and schedules, and efficient and expedient project executions.
- Demonstrate attention to details required to deliver results with sound project planning and project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills that allow for effective working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer literacy, fluent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently in a flexible work environment with changing priorities
- Ability to accommodate unusual and extended work hours as required for project completion
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Hershey Sr Food Technologist