ICON Hiring Biology Research Associate – Candidates Apply Online
Icon currently has several open roles within our Chemistry, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, and Flow Cytometry Labs. We offer flexible working hours and robust career development opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries.
Job Title: Research Associate I
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to multitask, along with an orientation toward teamwork and leadership, and strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
To succeed you will need:
You will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Biology. You will need strong interpersonal and communication skills, good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently, are essential, ability to multitask, an orientation toward teamwork and leadership, and strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Operate equipment carefully and according to procedures; maintain laboratory automation equipment per established operating procedures.
- Perform necessary equipment checks, performance testing, preventive maintenance, and quality control on equipment per laboratory guidelines, as assigned.
- Assure equipment and instruments meet performance standards.
- Maintain QC-related documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain complete documentation for assay tracking and results for review/reporting.
- Participate in the Proficiency Testing Program as assigned.
- Complete the performance of proficiency testing in assigned laboratory sections.
- Review all test requests thoroughly for errors, omissions, clarity, and potential problems.
- Verify patient identification at all steps of every procedure and maintain complete accuracy.
- Follow the unidirectional flow of specimen handling to avoid contamination.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies and record corrective action taken.
- Good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently, are essential.
ICON Hiring Biology Research