IFF Molecular Biologist Recruitment Announced – Apply Online
IFF is currently looking for an outstanding molecular biologist/microbiologist (Ph.D.) to become part of an existing, experienced team of Molecular Geneticists who specialize in the use of Bacillus to produce industrial and medically relevant molecules. This work is performed at the IFF Palo Alto research and development center, which is a pioneer in industrial biotechnology research.
Job Title: Molecular Biologist /Microbiologist/Geneticist
Your skills, background, and experience may include some of the following:
• Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology, Industrial Microbiology or related field
• 1-3 years of experience conducting laboratory research in an industry or academic research lab
• Strong scientific knowledge and network, preferably in the Bacillus area
• Goal-oriented and capable of task-oriented leadership
• An excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to be effective in a growing and dynamic business environment
• Must have proven problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Flexible working hours, attractive compensation and benefits, the possibility to join a dynamic team, the opportunity to develop an exciting career in Industrial Biotechnology, cutting-edge technology, and involvement in international, multi-disciplinary projects, publication opportunities.
At IFF, we continuously develop new-to-world solutions for the problems that challenge our planet. We use cutting-edge biotechnology across a range of markets to advance bio-based solutions to meet the needs of a growing population while protecting our environment for future generations. We are innovative solvers who help our customers turn challenges into high-value business opportunities.
- The candidate must have experience and a strong foundation in molecular biology, physiology/microbiology of prokaryotic organisms, and a proven record of innovative research in one or more of the following areas: prokaryotic physiology, protein expression/secretion, and synthetic biology.
- Bioinformatic experience with omics tools (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics) and experience with robotics and high-throughput screening are preferred skills.
- Experience with microbial fermentation, FACS, microfluidics, and automation in molecular biology (liquid handlers, colony picking systems, etc.), are desirable skills.
- This is predominantly a lab-based role, which focuses on fundamental research to better understand the biology of our Bacillus cells and optimize their function as prokaryotic cell factories.
Your activities will include some of the following:
• Contribute to project-related molecular microbiology tasks for strain construction and improvement using synthetic biology tools
• Support optimization and analysis of cell factories by -omics and molecular editing tools.
• Identify and implement new, emerging developments and techniques in the field.
• Prepare technical reports, data summaries, protocols, and other technical and regulatory documentation.
• Prepare presentations for internal meetings
• Participate in developing the intellectual property strategy and file patent applications in collaboration with peers and the legal team
IFF Molecular Biologist Recruitment