IFF R&D Research Associate Recruitment 2021 – Apply Online
IFF Health and Biosciences is a leading provider of sustainable solutions for food and health industries that provides world-class probiotics, proteins, emulsifiers/sweeteners, cultures, drug excipients, enzymes, and bioactives. The Biochemistry and Research Applications Team is seeking to grow formulation science expertise in home and personal care (HPC) to accelerate the development of key ingredients for greener and more sustainable home care products. You will join our innovative, multi-disciplinary R&D team to support our diverse range of HPC biological active programs focused on cleaning and hygiene. As part of the application research team, you will partner with research and development scientists to explore formulation and application strategies with bio-derived polymers, as well as other novel bio-based actives. You will have a unique opportunity in helping build capabilities and support the new strategic direction of this team.
Job Title: R&D Research Associate
Location: Wilmington, DE, US, 19803
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and/or Chemical Engineering
Written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in Microsoft applications and ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Experience working within a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated mechanical skills, independent problem solving, and strong attention to detail
- Experience in automation, statistics, and high throughput research is a plus
- Experience studying actives in complex aqueous mixtures like coatings, personal care or home care is preferred
- Experience using characterization techniques such as HPLC and GC is preferred
- Experience using tensiometers and rheometers to study interfacial phenomena is preferred
- This role will involve formulating biologically active molecules and bio-based technologies such as enzymes, biopolymers, and other fermentation-derived small molecule ingredients.
- Chemically functionalizing polymers and/or synthesizing polymers using enzymatic systems.
- Analytical characterization of bio-based ingredients using a variety of analytical and separation techniques.
- Evaluating new bio-based ingredients in home and personal care formulations and applications using industry-standard testing.
- Partnership on identifying new methods and assays which accelerate our formulation development and testing beyond traditional industry protocols.
- The individual will work with scientists and associates in a team-based environment to support and drive projects to completion and subsequent adoption of technology by customers. The individual will also work with the development organization to scale up lead candidates.
- The individual will have opportunities to be included in the entire technology life cycle from molecule discovery to manufacturing.
- Candidates should have a good understanding of formulation science and possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Manage time across multiple projects and initiatives with a bias for action.
- Maintaining a safe and clean laboratory as well as all other assigned areas of responsibility.
- Generating and maintaining documentation for the safe and productive operation of equipment and tools.
- Assisting in the installation and validation of new equipment and training new and existing personnel on equipment and procedures.
IFF R&D Research Associate