Ionis Pharmaceuticals Molecular Biology/Cell biology Job 2023
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, with offices in Boston, Massachusetts, and Dublin, Ireland. For more than 30 years, Ionis has been the leader in RNA-targeted therapy, pioneering new markets and changing standards of care with our novel antisense technology. Ionis currently has three marketed medicines and a premier late-stage pipeline highlighted by industry-leading cardiovascular and neurological franchises. Our scientific innovation began and continues with the knowledge that sick people depend on us, which fuels our vision to become the undisputed leader in genetic medicine, utilizing a multi-platform approach to discover, develop and deliver life-transforming therapies.
Job Title: Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate – Gene Editing Core Research
Job Category: CSO & IONARPA – Ionis
Requisition Number: IONIS002959
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to work in our Gene Editing Core Research team which is a key component of a new drug discovery thrust at Ionis in gene editing known as I-Edit. The core research team will coordinate with other I-Edit group activities to build a cutting-edge effort in gene editing-based drug discovery that will integrate with our existing antisense efforts. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing various molecular and cellular assays to support our research effort. The ideal candidate must be skilled in a wide range of in vitro techniques, additional experience with CRISPR and/or protein biochemical analysis is preferred. In addition, the candidate is expected to be a quick learner, a self-starter, and a critical thinker who excels in troubleshooting.
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biology, bioengineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ wet lab experience in an industrial or academic laboratory setting
- Skilled in cell culture techniques, including transfection, deriving cell clones etc.
- Experienced with molecular techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, enzymatic assays, PCR, western blot, etc.
- Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of software applications, such as excel, word, powerpoint, graphpad prism
Excited about experiments and excellent attentions to details
- Demonstrated ability to be highly productive in a fast-paced environment under demanding timelines
- Gene editing
- Protein biochemistry
- DNA and RNA sequence designs (primers, guide RNA, plasmid maps etc.)
- Software to analyze DNA/RNA sequences
- Co-author in publications
Ionis Pharmaceuticals Molecular Biology