Kellogg R&D Food Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Applications Invited
Join their research and development team as a Lead R&D Food Scientist! We want your expertise to manage and lead significant small to large breakthrough projects and assist on complex programs to invent from ideation through scale-up new products for North America and the globe. Develop and introduce new products, improve product quality, productivity and capacity in operations worldwide. Engage with us as you impact our success as a technical resource to various functions within the company and provide high-impact support to project teams. Innovate with us as you develop and refine food process technology from idea generation through proof of concept to commercialization.
Job Title: Lead R&D Food Scientist
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Drive Business Growth – Creating and coordinating of key global projects while giving general direction to assigned teams in accomplishing projects on the technical and scientific investigation or developments
- Leadership – Demonstrating personal capabilities as a Project Manager, Planner, Coordinator, Communicator, and Technical Expert within the department, while giving general direction to assigned cross-functional teams in accomplishing projects on the scientific and technical investigation or developments
- What’s Trending? – an innovative mindset in discovery, advancement, and evaluation of new technologies in food/process research and development, and have a significant impact on new products, improved products, and increased efficiency on global processes
- Innovation/Creativity – to provide innovative, timely, and cost-effective improvements, concepts, developments, or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products or processes globally
- Technical Expertise – Use your leadership and expertise within the department and globally as an expert in a specific discipline who keeps current with the latest developments and technology through investigation, training, and communication within that discipline
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Owner’s mindset and entrepreneurial spirit!
- Bachelor of Science Degree in science, food science or engineering or related field and extensive relevant experience
- Experience in process development and scale-up
- Proven track record of leadership, business acumen, communication skills, and diplomacy
- Are you a strong leader? We’d love to have your Leadership, cost consciousness, communication skills, and diplomacy that will promote good relations with all facets of worldwide management and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects
- Project Management expertise to manage several transformation projects
- Your experience in ingredients, flavors, and emerging technologies development in food industries will be an asset here!
- MSc or Ph.D. in Food Science, Engineering or related discipline
Strength in effectively working with Supply Chain Operations leaders, hourly employees in manufacturing, and suppliers to execute projects
- Know-how to provide technical expertise on a portfolio of complex projects
- This role requires travel and flexibility in your schedule, inclusive of domestic and international travel for manufacturing trials, consumer research, and external partner collaboration is estimated at roughly 25%.
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg R&D Food Scientist