Kerry Biology Quality Lab Technician Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about!
Job Title: Quality Lab Technician
Location: Savannah, GA
What You’ll Need:
- High School or Equivalent, recent college graduates are welcome to apply.
- College degree in biology, microbiology or chemistry preferred
- Basic math and computer skills, read, write & speak English
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in pH, food ingredient testing ideal
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment that is subject to the temperature variance
What This Role Is:
The Quality Assurance pH Technician is responsible for the testing of the product at different stages of the production process. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Laboratory Supervisor. In the absence of a Quality Assurance pH Technician, another Quality Assurance Technician or Microbiologist will serve as backup.
What You’ll Do:
Product Quality Testing:
Complete pH testing on product and maintain effective documentation for each evaluation.
Assist microbiologists with their daily tasks as needed.
Assist chemistry technicians with their daily tasks as needed.
Laboratory Instrumentation and Equipment:
Calibration testing and documentation for all lab instruments.
Daily, weekly, monthly care for all instruments and equipment.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly lab according to GLP standards.
- Follow GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- General support of plant production and quality assigned by plant leadership.
- Attend all safety meetings, report any safety incidents/accidents and understand and follow all Company and Plant Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Train in the HACCP program in order to identify critical steps and other instructions critical to effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Plan.
- Support for the current SQF System in place.
- Enter data in SAP.
What’s in it for You:
- Direct hire, full-time roles
- Competitive pay, and weekly paychecks paid on Thursdays
- Friendly, close-knit team and supervisors invested in your success
- 3 weeks paid time off per year
- Full benefits, including mental health, employee assistance program & more!
- Workaround the sweet smell of fruit juices and ingredients!
Kerry Biology Quality Lab