Kraft Heinz R&D Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Kraft Heinz R&D Scientist This Product Development position will support the Canada Zone Beverage- Desserts- Infant- and Processed Cheese categories- be based in Glenview- IL and work on brands such as Heinz By Nature- Jell-O- Maxwell House- Cheez Whiz- Kraft- etc. The primary responsibility of this position is to execute innovation and renovation for product development and to support brand maintenance.
All posting locations: Glenview, Illinois, United States of America
Job Function: 10 – R&D
Department: 10 – 04 – Product Development
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Scientist- R&D – Product Development – R-35447
The candidate will be autonomous in executing technical projects to meet business initiatives focused on New Product Development. This includes designing and executing tests- analyzing data- drawing conclusions- documenting- communicating results- and commercializing products. Communication and teamwork skills are essential in this role- which operates in a dynamic and cross-functional environment with partners in Marketing- Operations- R&D- Quality- Procurement- Finance- Supply Chain- external ingredient/product suppliers- co-manufactures and other business partners. The candidate must also have a technical background and be able to apply prior learning or scientific principles to new situations.
This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments/ tasks concurrently with minimal supervisor guidance. The candidate is expected to lead his or her projects and exhibit a collaborative mindset to apply innovative solutions. Ready?
- Lead product development projects from formulation through scale-up and start-up.
- Support extended cross-functional team on initiatives to ensure speed to market.
- Act as an R&D point person for the manufacturing plant and assist plant Operations with troubleshooting- design and/or product quality-related issues.
- Support general brand maintenance to ensure business continuity across multiple categories as needed.
- Interact with Operations- Center R&D- US Business Units- equipment vendors- Quality- Regulatory- Finance and Marketing on an as-needed basis to drive effective results as well as the dairy industry community.
- Interface with all related technical experts and US category scientists to understand technologies and applications.
- Manage technical timelines- provide clear and timely communication- raise issues and risks- and develop contingency plans leveraging strong project management skills
- Monitor emerging trends and competitive activities in their categories of responsibility.
- Conduct appropriate testing and develop recommendations/contingency plans based on findings.
- Assist in scoping “fuzzy” front innovation ideas and participate/influence ideation sessions.
- Conduct lab tests- pilot plant and large-scale tests within manufacturing facilities to optimize formulation and/or process.
- Write specifications that deliver consistent- high-quality products.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Be a big dreamer.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters is a plus) – Food Science- Chemistry- Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years Product Development Experience (on cheese preferred) which require both formulation- packaging- and process to create.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Understanding of ingredient interactions/functionality.
- Executional excellence and personal leadership.
- Self-motivated problem solver and the drive to deliver objectives in a complex- fast-paced environment.
- The ability to plan- put together well thought out design of experiments- anticipate next steps and incorporate course corrections when hurdles appear.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Executional excellence- personal leadership and customer focus a must
- Ability to learn new products and processes quickly
Willingness to travel 20% pending business needs. Travel could include (but not limited to): within the United States and Canada to internal plants- co-manufacturers- and suppliers.