Labcorp Drug Development – Animal Research Assistant Post Vacancy
Labcorp Drug Development is recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. Join us and discover your extraordinary potential.
Job Title: Research Assistant-Study Tech-Animal Research
Location Greenfield, Indiana, United States
Job ID: 76042
- They provide extensive training — open to a variety of backgrounds!
- AS/BS in Animal Science, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Nursing or Pre-Vet Major
- AS/BS in Biology, Microbiology, Zoology, Animal Welfare, Chemistry, Immunology, Biotechnology, Wildlife Management, Ecology or related Science majors
- 2 years of college courses such as Biology, Anatomy, Microbiology, or related fields
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a non-related field and 1-2 years of hands-on animal care in laboratory or farming operation
- HS Diploma or GED and 4+ years of animal care and/or animal breeding or related experience in research or farming operation
What will you be doing?
Conducting Animal Research studies that will be looking at the safety, effectiveness and toxicity of drugs that are in the early development phase and/or chemical substances. You’ll be maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC). Some of the most common tasks include performing various dosing techniques, may perform bleeding techniques, may collect biological samples, basic measurements such as body weight, food consumption, body temperature, blood pressure, etc.. In this position, your work will play a key role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions!
What do we look for in our new hires?
- Strong commitment to providing excellent care to all animals!
- A passion for research and science
- Ability to follow Research Study procedures and document findings
- Good time management skills
- Prior Animal Research experience is great but not required
- A desire to learn as we provide extensive training!
What do we provide?
- Extensive training! The first 6 months will be focused on training! We want to provide you with the tools and resources to soar in your work!
- Daytime work hours, during training work hours, are 8:00 am-4:30 pm, once fully trained you can take advantage of our flexible start times as early as 6:00 am or as late as 9:00 am, which will require working every 3rd weekend and some holidays.
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) in the first year along with 7 paid holidays.
Robust benefit offerings that start the first of the month include 3 medical plans, 2 dental, 401K with 5% matching funds, tuition reimbursement and rewards focused on keeping the mind, body, and person financially healthy.
- Starting pay rates for Trainee Level $17.00 and $18.00 for Study Tech Animal Research Assistant. .50 increase once training is completed, typically around 6 months. Higher pay rates may be available for candidates with 2+ years of animal research experience
Fantastic growth opportunities for you to grow your knowledge and career
- Great work environment, see why FORTUNE magazine has named Labcorp as one of the world’s Most Admired Companies for 3 years in a row!
- Full-time position with outstanding benefits that begin the first of the month
- 24 days of PTO the first year with outstanding growth potential
- A career where your work connects to improving the lives and health of people and animals around the world.
Labcorp Drug Development