Lamb Weston Microbiology Intern Vacancy – Apply Online
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Title: Microbiology Intern, Food Protection
Location: Richland, WA
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program related to Food Science or Food Microbiology
- Junior, Senior program standing preferred
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- A basic understanding of science and food safety (biology, chemistry, or microbiology) to apply skills to support food protection
- Ability to problem solve with limited guidance
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Learn more about the Annual Summer Intern Program here!
The Food Safety & Protection Intern (Microbiology) will be a contributing member of a team that brings together leading-edge technical knowledge to food safety and microbiology related initiatives for a global organization.
Typical Duties May Include But Are Not Limited To
- In this internship, you will gain industry insight while assisting professionals in various studies and key projects. You will work in a collaborative environment, share your ideas/expertise, and will complete a capstone project related to your area of interest.
- Conduct validation studies in the lab.
- Exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment
- Plan microbiological tests for plant projects
- Prepare samples for laboratory analyses
- Document and maintain accurate and complete records for respective projects
- Collect and organize data Format, analyze, and summarize data
- Maintain a current and accurate laboratory notebook
- Proficiencies Gained
- Cross-functional team-building skills
- Exposure to contemporary business and technical challenges
- Opportunity to personally drive projects based on individual’s skill and interest level
- Unique approaches to Root Cause and Gap Analysis
- Analytical and data evaluation experience
Job Description Summary
Participate in an 11-week internship program built around your career goals and hands-on projects that impact the organization. As part of the Lamb Weston University Recruiting Internship Program, Interns work towards completing a Capstone project and are assigned a mentor who will guide and evaluate performance.
- Whether you are interested in Agricultural Science, Data Science, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Manufacturing, Food Science, Marketing, or Engineering, our highly selective summer intern program has projects that will help you build the next stage in your career.
11 week paid internship, May – August (actual dates may vary)
- Gain real-world working experience through dynamic projects assigned by your mentor and assigned department
- Network and learn from executives, department leaders, high performers, and fellow interns across the business
- Receive guidance and feedback from your assigned mentor throughout the program
Professional development events providing tools that will help after the internship and after graduation
Lamb Weston Microbiology Intern