Life Science Roche Summer Intern – Applications Invited
Life Science Roche Summer Intern – Applications Invited. The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
Summer Intern – DISCOVERY Development
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2021
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA. Please attach a copy of your transcript in order to be considered for this internship opportunity.
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after the Summer End Poster Symposium).
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
The selected candidate will utilize the Discovery Ultra platform is working on validating antibody cross-reactivity with mouse tissues using IHC. The candidate will also assist other development scientists in the research and development of novel tissue counterstains.
- At least 2 years enrolled in a college/university pursuing a degree in life sciences
- Understanding of immunology and basic biology
- Ability to work independently and meet research deadlines
What you will learn:
- Data-driven decision making
- Lean product development skills
- IHC techniques for multiplexing
- Image capture and image analysis of tissue stained slides
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. Internships that operate in business critical roles, such as Operations and Research & Development may require you to work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.