Nestlé Food Science Product Development Specialist Internship
Nestlé Food Science Product Development Specialist Internship. Nestlé Food Science Internship. The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associate Product Development Specialist – Baking (TAG)-21000110
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you!
- We are seeking a highly curious person like you who loves problem-solving and finding the answer on your own, bringing insights and results back to the group to win with our consumers.
- Work under supervision of TAG Director/Manager and be hands-on with our Pilot Plants and Factories, and Manufacturing facilities to deliver on the Innovation & Renovation (I&R) business objectives. Dig into recipe (re)formulation, rapid prototyping, and handle vendor relationships/interactions. Build consumer insights and be the face of our products in cross-functional settings with commercial teams like Marketing, Sales, Finance.
- Do you like to travel? You will have the opportunity to visit factories that you partner with, (potentially) supporting Sales visits to key retailers to present out on new innovation partnerships with retailers. Position requires approximately 20-50% travel.
- Our business is passionate about speed, agility, courage, and collaboration. We are in the midst of a culture shift where we are consumer obsessed and see our consumers as our True North. Come be part of our team and win in the market.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Education– A BS or MS degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 0-3 years of product/packaging/process development experience in Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
- Completion Internship Program (preferred)
- Requires 20% travel
- Highly motivated, critical problem solver, goal oriented and easily adapts to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced, robust, and versatile environment
- Outstanding organizational skills & ability to run multiple projects and assignments
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
- Digital Literacy: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Project
- Preferred: SAP & CAPE Palletization Program
Experiences you will gain:
- Driving Innovation and Renovation strategy. You will roll up your sleeves on product development, travel to factories to manage trials, collaborating with a variety of factory employees to influence without authority (on the leadership team and on factory lines). This is your chance to flex your creative muscles on the Benchtop to bring food/recipe concepts to life.
- We want to utilize your love of food and incorporate marketplace trends into our product portfolio.
- You even have the chance to be a rockstar at driving cost savings to remove things that do not make valuable contributions to our consumers in our systems, processes, etc.
- Being a good corporate citizen protecting our consumers. You will partner with our Regulatory & Scientific Affairs team, and other cross-functional, to stay current on/apply food laws and regulations affecting our company and products. You are the person who brings it all together with Nestlé requirements: Nutritional Requirement, Sustainability, external standards, and local regulatory framework.
- Upskilling your skillset and being part of a highly-connected network. We can offer you Nestlé Day of Service, on-demand learning on our iLearn digital learning platform, leadership development (Learning Circles, Lunch &lsquoN Learn), and physical spaces on our campuses that give you a moment to de-stress.
- Join an environment that enables you to be your best-self: Huddle Rooms for quick chats, Meditation Rooms, Quiet Rooms, and snacks all day in the building hubs!
- Perks&hellip 401(k) with employer matching, Parental Leave (and Infant Nutrition Coupons), Healthy Rewards (personalized nutritional counseling), tuition reimbursement, Scholarship Program, Flex and Summer Hours (corporate campuses), Perks at Work, company store discounts, and Real Recognition(used points with monetary value to travel, buy luxury goods, etc.)
Primary Location: US-VA-Arlington-Arlington
Organization: Nestle USA
Unposting Date: Ongoing