Lonza Life Science Research Associate Vacancy – Apply Online
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Their greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: United States, Houston (Texas)
The Research Associate provides technical support to lead scientists in conducting analytical tests for the evaluation of cellular products and in support of process development activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Cell culture techniques and strong aseptic technique
- Experience with 2D and 3D cell culture systems
- Experience in processes such as cell count viability, flow cytometry, cell-based assays, data analysis, and molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge of cellular biology/chemistry, various types of laboratory equipment,
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis of data preferred (Excel, JMP, Prism, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge on antibody-based methodologies including, but not limited to, immunocytochemistry, immunofluorescence, FACS analysis, and ELISA
- Experience with nucleic acid and proteins sample preparation/purification.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, TrackWise, DMS, ERP system; accurate record keeping; ability to manage multiple projects; time management skills.
- Diplomacy; negotiation skills; written and oral communication skills; independent work skills; strong work ethic
- Supports the successful development and execution of state-of-the-art manufacturing processes for Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) within the Cell Therapy Development matrix
- Interact with new or existing Cell Therapy clients to document and transfer new processes to Lonza sites and communicate and present the work in meetings
- Contribute and support scientific or engineering expertise toward the design and development of new process ideas that support client product concepts
- Able to perform cellular, biochemical and molecular techniques, including but not limited to, cell culture, nucleic acid extraction, real-time qPCR/RT-PCR, ddPCR, flow cytometry, microscopy, ELISA, and spectrophotometric, fluorometric cell-based potency assays, for the characterization cell therapy products.
- Maintains accurate, detailed records, experimental data, and protocols following Lonza’s best documentation practices.
- Prepares data summary and data reports. Works with Lead Scientists to communicate and summarize results for internal and client meetings, written reports, and presentations.
- Provides technical support in analytical method optimization, qualification, and transfer to Quality Control following
- Performs common laboratory maintenance as needed. Maintains stock of lab supplies and reagents in support of ongoing programs.
- Becomes knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules, and regulations.
- Supports projects within his/her expertise and experience. Develops and improves new skills and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects
Lonza Life Science Research