Mars Food Science Associate Engineer Vacancy – Apply Online
Mars Associate Engineer of Factory Innovation Mars Food Science Job. Mars Site Sanitation Manager Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. They produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5™, SKITTLES, UNCLE BEN’S, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA.
Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality,
The Associate Engineer of Factory Innovation is a key contributor within the Delivery System 2 organization. They will work on game-changing and competitive advantaged innovation to enable future prosperity through sustained business growth. This individual will be responsible for trialing, validating, and commissioning activities at both internal and external factories. They will play an important role in the introduction of new innovation to the market for the favorites, enhanced favorites, and adjacency growth pillars
What They are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science degree (food science, engineering, chemical engineering or related technical area) with 2+ years working experience in a manufacturing, lab or polit plant environment
- Masters degree with at least 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, lab or polit plant environment
- Proven Project management skills
- Lead New Product Development projects
- Green Belt in Six Sigma
- Experience in working with outside vendors to deliver project requirements
- Experience working with Operations
- Collaboration skills with different cultures
- Experience working in food innovation
- Site Engineer that works on all DS2 factory innovation; coordinates trials, commissioning, validation, start-up and handover.
- Helps to define, communicate and align a set of project priorities for the factory
- Encourage alignment of technical resources across the site for successful commercialization
- Supports the development of standards in close cooperation with Engineering, Supply, and Q&FS.
- Support commission of Freedom to Operate, new supplier and new materials for DS2 programs
- Manage the handover process from the Global DS2 team to the factories to meet success criteria including; KQA’s, production flexibility, cost, efficiency and sustainability.
Ensures that the factory approval process is carried out to achieve timelines and market needs
- Contribute to the key business management processes and forums, including S&OP (IBP), QuEST, DQP’s and Technical Design Reviews, QMP’s, etc.
Manage Recipe development at site level for DS2 – (RADAR FE, Translate recipe to PLC and SAP-BOM creation)
- Supports the implementation of Global Process Standards for all DS2 projects
Supports DS1 Factory Innovation and Engineering when necessary to implement Innovation and optimizing current assets
- Remains abreast of new developments in food technologies, packaging, design, category trends and related fields.
- Work with the Legal team to identify potential intellectual property for new innovation.
Travel may be required to other factories.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars Food Science Associate