MARS Regulatory Affairs Specialist Vacancy – Apply Online
As an associate of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA), the Specialist SRA performs a variety of regulatory activities related to raw materials, finished products, labelling, claims, packaging, and regulatory database management to ensure compliance with applicable food and other product-related laws and regulations in accordance with internal processes and within assigned areas of responsibility in assigned countries. This position proactively identifies potential regulatory problems, and takes action, as appropriate, to minimize or eliminate such problems and performs other duties to assist in creating a positive scientific and regulatory environment for our products and business goals.
Job Title: Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Location – open to NJ or Chicago, Il
Eligibility for MARS Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical area, such as standardization, chemistry, nutrition, food science or biology is preferred.
- A Master’s degree in a technical area, such as standardization, chemistry, nutrition, food science or biology preferred
- 1+ years of experience in regulatory affairs with food products, including knowledge of North American food and food contact legislation
What would your key responsibilities be?
- Has responsibility for assuring ingredients, formulas, labelling, artwork and packaging are in full compliance with laws and regulations as well as internal standards/policies/etc. in assigned countries;
- Has responsibility for assuring claims are in full compliance with laws and regulations as well as internal standards/policies/etc. in assigned countries;
- Proactively monitors regulatory activities in the region; determines current and expected regulatory status of new ingredients and additives; researches interpretations regarding the safety and acceptability of products and ingredients, and assures that SRA databases are up to date and contain the best current information;
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of internal standards for finished products;
Participates on project teams, anticipates regulatory issues and works with legal counsel, consultants, suppliers, and trade associations and external partners to clarify and resolve these issues;
- Assists with the preparation and submission of documentation to regulatory agencies and other external bodies required to substantiate and approve claims and to gain the approval of new ingredients;
- Assists in activities related to packaging regulatory approval and packaging quality management standard;
- Performs other regulatory related assignments as needed.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the centre of every decision
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
MARS Regulatory Affairs Specialist