Mars Food Science Product Development Job – Scientist Post
This position is responsible for executing the new product development process from concept to launch with peer and manager support. This role includes translating consumer insights to scalable new products based on robust food science principles. In addition, the associate product development scientist provides supports maintenance activities of the existing portfolio and champions quality. and continuous improvement.
Job Title: Associate Scientist Product Development DS2
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job ID: 1433281
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline and relevant intern experience.
- Knowledge of food science fundamentals and application to the product development process
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation Skills
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Works closely with other PDS on jointly resourced projects to learn the new product development process from concept to full-scale production
- Collaborates with R&D sub-functions and cross-functional team members to assist in product expertise required to move ideas through the new product launch process.
- Collaborates with teams to understand and ensure product quality and food safety requirements are defined and delivered through the completion of raw material, finished product, and quality specifications.
- Provides proper documentation (notebooks, written reports) and ensures proper knowledge management for all projects and protection of intellectual property.
- Hands-on experience to become proficient in prototyping, pilot plant unit operations, and skills required to make all components of finished products and build expertise to apply during scale-up.
- Works to develop a scientific understanding of confectionery-specific raw materials, their interactions and translation to shelf-stable finished recipes.
Works with other Product Development Scientists to ensure the project meets Mars Quality
- Management Program requirements for the Design and Development of New Products.
- Design and develop new prototypes that combine scientific knowledge and consumer insights into product attributes from benchtop through full-scale production.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars Food Science Product