Mars Science & Technology Fellow Vacancy – Food Science Apply
This role is one of the senior technical experts in Mars Wrigley R&D and requires a proven track record in scientific knowledge in R&D as a subject matter expert. As a fellow, the incumbent will provide expert technical leadership and guidance and apply their broad expertise across technical disciplines. They are a courageous advisor sought out for their perspective across business segments.
Job Title: Fellow (Science & Technology)
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job ID: R28807
B.S. Food Science, Chemistry or relevant scientific field
Preferred: M.S or Ph.D. Food Science, Chemistry, or relevant scientific field
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of Science and Technology and ability to extrapolate expertise.
- Intellectually curious with a continuous learning mindset.
- Track record in making a significant business impact with intellectual property by developing, and implementing new technologies and products. External recognition of expertise and accomplishments.
- Effectively translating science from the application of horizon scanning to future business opportunities.
- Manage programs in the area of expertise: lead multi-functional teams and external collaborators (university or suppliers) in the technical area leading to business impact
- Strong experience in coaching on technical insight and within own expertise or related disciplines.
- Excellence in network building, creating collaborations and influencing internal and external partners.
- Strong experience in providing guidance/recommendations to senior management on decisions that have impacted the business or industry.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Drives transformational change in scientific knowledge and value creation through problem-solving, quality decision making, and sustained multigenerational consumer (obsessed/relevant) innovation.
- Proactively leads with vision and conviction to inspire and implement significant business initiatives and strategic programs. Influential thought leader and change initiator in a strategic area for the future business.
- Proactively influence the long-term business strategy for Science and Technology. Anticipates opportunities and potential science challenges (e.g. business, regulatory, quality), recommends action, and influences the business to prioritize resources as required.
- Collaborates with internal (including other segments within Mars) and external network, creates connections, and collaborates to bring opportunities to the business and enable impact with pace. Horizon-scanning, scoping, and recommending strategic technology investments and collaboration opportunities. Scans the emerging scientific research and future trends and influences the business to adopt/explore based on fit with business strategy.
- Proactively lead/support fundamental and applied research and development to ensure the business remains at the cutting edge in science. Lead projects to help solve complex business problems and takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Partner with the broader R&D and Intellectual Property (IP) team to proactively protect intellectual property.
- Champion and sponsor high-quality Knowledge Management best practices.
- Lead as a strong thought partner on core technical competencies within their area of expertise. Ensures there is an effective pipeline of talent, with robust training and development opportunities, and therefore collaborates closely with the Ingredient Science Leadership Team, the Science & Technology Leadership Team, and Technical Leadership Council.
- Partner with the broader R&D and Commercial to develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers, leading to the development and commercialization of new technology and ensuring a pipeline that will both protect and create the future.
- Be a strong thought leader to drive robust science in project and program reviews, providing feedback on the Quality of Science (i.e. hypotheses, design of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, etc.), connections to internal and external related research, and smart risk-taking.
- Thought partner with the Technical Leadership Council (senior technical leaders in S&T) to develop and implement procedures and programs leading to improved succession planning, knowledge management, strategy and IP management, quality of science and other initiatives that benefit all of S&T and R&D.
Mars Science & Technology