McCormick Biology Lab Technician Vacancy 2022 – Apply Online
Under the general direction of the Quality Team Manager, the QA Lab Technician II will work in a High-Performance Organization Operating Model environment performing QA Technician / Inspector functions. The Lab Technician will rotate between testing in the laboratory and performing quality checks on the plant floor Responsibilities include:
Job Title: LAB TECHNICIAN II
Location: SPRINGFIELD, MO, US, 65803
- Uses judgment based on the analysis of information.
- Strong understanding and practice of Good Laboratory Practices
- College coursework in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, etc. (or 3 years experience In a laboratory setting)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Color Vision (ability to detect color) required. This is due to the need to compare color differences in products daily.
Requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgments based on the analysis of factual information.
- Expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of technical experience and review of precedents.
- Sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange complicated information, including sensitive information or information that is difficult to communicate because of its content or its audience.
- Two years of previous Analytical Lab experience preferred. Academic laboratory work will be considered
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of SAP transactions (Quality focused) and SAP results/data
- Conduct Analytical Testing of both raw and finished products
- Audit production line for key quality attributes such as code dates, fill weights, metal detection, and package integrity.
- Use a variety of test methods, procedures, and instrumentation (i.e. titrator, pH meter, scale, viscometer, etc.)
- Enter data, maintain records on computer, manage files
- Calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- Perform Lab maintenance and general cleaning
- Discard old retain samples per SOP
- Communicate test results, discuss performance metrics as they relate to Quality, and work collaboratively with various levels of Operations to correct problems and improve processes.
Quality Notification – This involves communicating with various functions including the Supply/Planning groups to obtain release if the information is not in SAP. Generate various weekly warehouse inventory reports; Issues Quality Notification (QN) for materials that are out of specification, Past Shelf Life (PSL). Coordination of timely quarantine and Quality Notification process including disposition of discrepant materials. Satisfy all product sample requests.
- Any/all JTE Quality, Visual Factory, and other related items
- Ability to work overtime on short notice and required weekend work
- Ability to be flexible with shift and workday assignments to support business need requirements.
- Actively promote safety and identify unsafe actions and conditions using a principle-based safety approach.
- Other duties as assigned
McCormick Biology Lab Technician