Merck Associate Production Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Merck Biochemistry job opening announced. Merck announces Associate Production Scientist vacancy for biochemistry candidates. Biochemistry job opening 2021. Biuohcmeitsyr job vacancy 2021. Biochemistry job 2021. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Associate Production Scientist
Who You Are:
Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, biology or related life science discipline OR 4+ years experience working in chemical production or a lab setting
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Independent chemistry lab research desired
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
Shift: 3rd Shift. Sunday – Thursday 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
As a Scientist, Production Associate at MilliporeSigma, you will manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations.
Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles while in compliance with change control procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel
- Act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- View computer monitors for long periods of time.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- Use senses to avoid a potentially hazardous situation involving chemicals
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignments.
- Lift more poundage with assistance.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Utilize phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- Type at a computer keyboard
- Read CRTs/computer monitors.
- Work in both a large-scale process environment and a glass lab environment.
Merck Associate Production Scientist