Microbiology/ Molecular Biology Summer Intern – Johnson & Johnson
A Summer Intern position is available in the Microbiology Department of R&D. The position is for a limited term during the summer of 2023 for 40/hrs per week during that term. The responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
The intern will learn and apply industrial microbiology skills while working closely with expert scientists in a medical device-centered laboratory. The new product development work includes investigation into antimicrobial applications, model development, and the human microbiome.
Job Title: Summer Intern
Job Number: 2206093984W
Eligbility Criteria: – Be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university during the Internship session.
Pursuing a degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or a related technical field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience with microbiology is preferred or must have proven ability to do hands-on lab work.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred (HS or college GPA)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/high school programs and/or community service activities is desired.
- A high level of organization and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future
- Must be able to provide their own transportation to this work location.
- Hands-on laboratory work in a microbiology lab performing testing, media preparation, data collection and related tasks.
- Developing test methods.
- Designing and validating experimental procedures
- Performing these activities under minimal supervision
- Good documentation practices, including writing test protocols, generating final reports, and summarizing findings in a laboratory notebook
- Following all lab safety rules and compliance related procedures
Microbiology/ Molecular Biology Summer