Mondelez Food Science/Biology Quality Technician Vacancy
You independently operate and maintain at least one process or equipment or systems following autonomous maintenance (AM) standards and use your technical skills to improve line and/or system performance to meet business needs.
Job Title: Quality Technician
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
High school diploma (required)
4 year degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field (Preferred)
Quality and Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
How you will contribute
You are a key ingredient in changing how the world snacks. You will operate and maintain equipment to meet our safety, quality, cost, delivery, sustainability and morale targets. You will execute all standard work processes using AM and PM (progressive maintenance standards). In this role, you will ensure that safety processes are observed, and that quality assurance activities are performed. You will take an active role in shutdown maintenance, root-cause analysis, stops reductions loss analysis and breakdown elimination.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Machine operations, TPM-Total Productive Maintenance Tools
Safety and quality standards for operating machinery
- Reading and writing and fluently conversant in the language of communication as appropriate to the site
- Collaborating well in a diverse work environment
- Understanding of total productive maintenance tools and methodologies a distinct advantage
More information about this job
Performs and documents, facilities, verification/auditing of IQS system, packaging lines, and other areas of the bakery ensuring required testing is being performed and process operating guidelines are being followed
• Verifies all quality testing equipment is functioning properly by performing and documenting maintenance, calibration, and verification ensure product testing results are accurate.
• Performs hold-release program duties by placing out-of-spec product and materials on hold (both physically and in SAP/Catalyst), tests hold materials, and documents root causes of quality issues via incident action form (hold reports), communicating with Team Leads, and capturing relevant information in Incident Action tracking system to ensure all shipped product meets specification.
• Performs daily raw material receipt by reviewing COA’s, sampling raw materials, and logging receipt and inspection to verify all raw materials and packaging meet Mondelez specification.
• Verifies effectiveness of sanitation and maintenance by performing pre-operational, maintenance, and shut-down inspections of production lines to verify food contact sanitary conditions. Works closely with Team Leads in scheduling optimizing start-up efficiency.
• Performs environmental testing collecting water samples and conduction hygienic swabbing throughout facility (PEM, Non-PEM) ensuring effectiveness of sanitation procedures.
• Performs training on quality equipment and processes to line operators and Team Leads by reviewing SOP’s, coordinating training sessions, and documenting attendance to ensure that all affected personnel are following plant SOP’s.
• Maintain quality lab supplies, reagent management, lab cleanliness, lab 5S, and maintaining Mondelez analytical laboratory standards.
• Support IL6S QM Pillar functions with participation in Pillars and Product Teams.
Mondelez Food Science/Biology