Nature’s Bakery Food Scientist Job Opening – Apply Online
Nature’s Bakery always brings you soft-baked goodness that tastes great and makes you feel good. From hearty whole grains to sun-ripened fruit, what they bake in is as important as what we leave out. So what are you waiting for come and join hand s with them as associate food scientists in this journey. Check out all the details on the same below:
Department: Product Development (R&D)
Reports To: Director Product Development
Site: Hazelwood Manufacturing Plant
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
This position will focus on the development of new products and optimization of existing products at the bench, pilot, and full scale and will support Process Engineering in scale-up testing, plant trials, and start-ups.
Job Title: Associate food scientist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new products from prototyping through launch.
- Execute benchtop and pilot plant testing to develop prototypes and prove hypotheses.
- Review and analyze results of experiments and trials to provide recommendations. Prepare results for review and present findings.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of ongoing and future projects and provide bi-weekly reviews on the status of projects and expenses.
- Provide technical support in manufacturing facilities as required.
- Monitor consumer trends and wants/needs within the food industry.
- Assist in providing technical leadership on projects as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, or Nutrition required.
- 1 year of relevant work or intern experience preferred.
- A high level of project and time management expertise.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following list that follows is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
Ability to read and interpret quality documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
Ability to apply mathematical operations and concepts to solving quality process-related problems. Ability to work with analytical measurements and at lab scale producing consistent results
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and energized equipment. The noise level in the work environment varies depending on tasks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a Full Time Exempt position 40 hour per week, and it may require working additional hours depending on business need requirements.
No travel is expected for this position.
Nature’s Bakery Food Scientist