BEL Quality Analyst Job Opening 2021 – Candidates Apply Online
BEL Quality Analyst Job Bel Brands USA has been named Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for 10 years in a row. The company is headquartered in Chicago and operates three manufacturing plants in Little Chute, WI, Leitchfield, KY, and Brookings, SD.
Country: United States
Job Family: Quality / Regulations
Contract Type: Unlimited-term
Job ID: 40808
Job Title: Analyst, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Job Description Summary
The Analyst, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for coordinating all product and facility inspections on site. Responsibility includes development and the implementation of quality plans, programs, and procedures using quality control statistics and lean manufacturing concepts, ensuring that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding a safe working environment—both from an employee safety and food safety perspective.
- Review HACCP records as required by the IMS system to release finished products.
- Enter results into SAP system, ensure non-conforming product has been blocked and make usage decisions to allow for release of conforming finished products.
- Work in conjunction with the Supervisor, Quality Control to manage the inspection process of incoming raw materials and finished product release in a timely manner.
- Oversee label updates, sensory evaluation and hold/nonconformance tracking activities to support the current control plans, finished product, raw material specifications and labeling requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality and food safety discrepancies. Provide feedback to Quality, Production, Technical and Supply Chain to improve quality and food safety level.
- Participate as an IMS team member, provide back-up to Sr. Manager, Quality and Regulatory Affairs position as IMS, Recall and Food Defense team lead.
- Drive IMS (Integrated Management System) continuous improvement activities as assigned to include but not limited to food safety (HACCP), root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action, supplier corrective action, change management, quality teams, safety, lean, and ISO standards.
- Maintain and ensure continual improvement of the Leitchfield IMS system to be on the cutting edge of IMS, supporting approval and maintenance of certifications (Environment, Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory …etc.).
- Periodical reporting to his/her direct line of reporting about the implementation status and update of the IMS. (Management Review)
- Follow-up of the establishment and achievement of the objectives and programs through the organization as well as ensure the training level for all staff regarding to establishing and implementing the objectives and programs as per IMS requirements.
- Drafter of IMS documents, training curriculum and materials as well as the training of HACCP and food safety policies and procedures to staff. Coordinate updating of IMS documents as needed.
- Conduct awareness sessions for all the staff inside the organization regarding the applied IMS.
- Oversee, coordinate KII and Qlick Sense administration at the plant level, provide leadership in overseeing its success at the Leitchfield plant.
- Manage pest control program.
- Manage special projects for support activities, develop and maintain the work plans for improvement.
- Initiate and provide support for completion of quality reports, tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other administrative tasks as required.
- Apply technical skills and knowledge of internal and external guidelines to help improve methods, policies, procedures.
- Execute and implement quality activities in compliance with company goal.
- Conduct internal audits and ensure that necessary corrective/preventive actions are being carried out. FSSC 22000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Manage GMP Audit Program, participate as a GMP auditor, provide GMP inspection reports as assigned to the GMP Team, and oversee the GMP inspection reports tracking and distribution monthly.
- The Analyst, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs position will provide the department
- support to the Supervisor, Quality Control during absences.
- Assist in the selection of new employees for the Quality Department.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
- Follow all Safety Rules and procedures by working safely and ensuring the safety of others.
- Follow all food safety procedures.
- Follows all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
- Follow all environmental protocols as applicable to job to prevent pollution to air, land or water.
- Follows all continuous improvement actions and rules and best practices.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Competencies
Minimum degree and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field strongly preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the food industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of food, milk, dairy, and cheese specific test methods and techniques strongly preferred.
- Be familiar with the IMS, HACCP, GMP, Allergen, Food Defense, and Appendix N programs. If not familiar with these programs, a person must be comfortable learning these in formal and non-formal settings.
- Ability to obtain HACCP certification.
- Above-average Microsoft reporting skills and knowledge of data management system (KII, and SAP for example) for released raw materials and finished product, performing traceability exercises, and leading documentation management of the IMS system.
Specific competencies required:
- Ability to read, understand and implement procedures.
- Ability to function as a team member and contribute to group goals.
- Ability to operate a variety of office and laboratory equipment such as a personal computer, and ability to troubleshoot instrument malfunctions to serve as back-up for the Regulations & Lab Supervisor.
- Requires good knowledge of testing procedures and documentation techniques.
- Requires good oral communication skills to effectively deal with coworkers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach above shoulders, taste and/or smell, or talk and/or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds collecting samples and performing laboratory tests. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee occasionally works in proximity to fumes or air-borne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and in non-weather related extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Protective Equipment: When in designated areas within the building, employees must wear personal protective equipment, as required, which could include an assigned work uniform, hair and beard net, safety glasses, designated shoes, hard hat and ear protection.
Additional equipment may be required to follow all safety rules and procedures by working safely and ensuring the safety of others.
BEL Quality Analyst Job