Neogen Microbiology Validations Intern Vacancy – Apply Online
Neogen Microbiology Validations Intern Neogen is looking for a summer intern who wants to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced laboratory setting focusing on Microbiology and Allergen Food Safety research. In this role, you will work alongside R&D Scientists and industry experts to test and validate Neogen’s Microbiology and Allergen product lines.
Job Title: Microbiology Validations Intern
Location: Lansing, MI
- Develop laboratory techniques including culture media preparation, cultivation, plating methods, and confirmation techniques for the enumeration of microorganisms.
Train on all Neogen’s Microbiology and Allergen product lines.
- Soleris, ANSR (PCR), Ampoule filtration, MPN for Coliforms, Veratox (ELISA), Reveal (Lateral Flow), etc.
- Learn about the detection of pathogens and food spoilage organisms in the industry.
Independent project focusing on Neogen’s Soleris product line to be put into Neogen’s Soleris Food Validation Book.
- Course work in Microbiology and Biological Sciences, along with associated lab courses
- Understanding of aseptic laboratory techniques
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate good communication and team-working capabilities
- Enrolled at an accredited university for the year 2021
- Junior or Senior status
- Seeking a degree in the biological sciences, including Microbiology, Genetics/Genomics, Animal Science, Food Science, etc.
Neogen Microbiology Validations Intern