Nestle Quality Lab Supervisor Vacancy – Food Science & Microbiology
Nestle hiring bachelors candidates with food science and microbiology candidates. Quality Lab Supervisor vacancy 2022, Quality Lab Supervisor job opening for microbiology and food science candidates. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Factory Lab – Quality Lab Supervisor
Requisition ID 157768
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60623
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Hygienics or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of manufacturing and/or laboratory experience required food industry preferred.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience in QA/QC preferred
Directs quality assurance laboratory personnel while maintaining a close rapport with production and the Quality team to identify, seek and prevent problems affecting quality. A key position within the team providing expertise and support to the operations department and factory management staff, encouraging a cross-departmental quality and compliance mindset.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with the production team and monitor all processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and continuous improvement
- Use Defect Root Cause Analysis for the investigation of consumer and customer complaints and quality-related losses.
- Develop corrective actions and monitor for effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot using product tests and product specification measurements.
- Ensures an active internal quality audit program in compliance with FSSC 22000 and the Nestlé Quality Management System.
- Maintain and update HACCP, NQMS, and SOP’s and train associates at all levels on quality programs.
- Is a valued partner with internal and external customers, suppliers, colleagues, and support services to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Leads quality assurance production floor support team by scheduling and assigning work, providing training, and managing budgets
- Own the activities for FSSC 22000 compliance while driving continuous improvement for quality metrics and KPIs in the factory.
- Actively participate in the change control process. Maintain and update Rework and Allergen matrices for the factory.
- Maintain Quality Pyramid and summarize the information and reports for operational reviews
- Communicate Quality and Food Safety briefs to the factory and prepare statistical-based reports.
- Acts as a communication liaison between management and quality staff to support corporate and factory initiatives.
- Supports factory traceability exercises.
- Runs factory laboratories for chemistry, incoming goods, microbiology and/or sensory by scheduling and assigning work, providing training, and balancing budgets.
- Ensures daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices and Internal Control Plans (ICP).
- Coordinates lab operational activities – daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record entry, reporting, document control, etc.
- Ensures lab compliance for FSSC 22000 and NQMS while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics and KPIs in the lab.
- Ensures the completion of internal lab audits in compliance with the NQAC program.
- Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated and specifically Lab areas.
- Is the key factory contact person with other corporate and factory quality teams.
Safety & environmental
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environment.
- Is a key part of the culture change towards behavioral safety improvement.
Nestle Quality Lab Supervisor