PepsiCo QC Manager Vacancy – Food Science Candidates Apply
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Job Title: Quality Control (QC) Manager
Location: Oakland, California
Department: Supply Chain
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, operations management, food science, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma and Project Management Experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Food/Beverage Industry preferred
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of process and compliance quality systems
- Clear understanding of Continuous Improvement Processes
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and AIB standards.
- Ability to motivate, lead, and work with teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision-making
- Proven ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Covid-19 vaccination may be a condition of employment dependent on role and location. For specific information, please discuss role requirements with the recruiter
The Quality Control Leader is accountable for ensuring that the plant follows and adheres to quality and food safety protocols and produces the highest quality product. The Quality Manager is responsible for leading a team of quality technicians, supervisors, senior technicians, and janitors. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. The Quality Control Manager works with the production, maintenance and warehouse teams across the plant by communicating quality procedures and developing long term sustainable practices to maintain superior quality process.
This position has a QC supervisor and QC senior technician as salaried direct reports. This position oversees the quality and food safety processes for one Gatorade manufacturing plant that has two production lines.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the salaried Quality professionals to ensure effective application of quality management techniques
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Identify and lead efforts of product/process quality and cost management opportunities to achieve productivity gains
- Lead the plant QC Pillar through the Continuous Improvement/TPM journey
- Lead and develop action plans with production, engineering, and division Quality Assurance to improve the product specifications, analytical procedures, and sampling programs and ensure that they are appropriate and meet system capability and key consumer requirements.
- Provide forward-thinking insights for future business improvements.
- Serve as a key statistical resource. Verify product and process improvements through the implementation and analysis of statistically designed experiments and capability studies.
- Lead food safety and compliance audits, including FSSC 22000, AIB, QAS
- Ensure all internal and external sanitation is complete and properly meets quality standards
- Design and implement programs to monitor calibration and accuracy of all analytical procedures and equipment in the plant.
- Ensure compliance to the OSHA chemical hygiene plan and proper laboratory safety practices by involving all employees in an effective safety program; provide training, periodic review of hazards, and timely correction of hazardous situations.
- Lead the interpretation of in-process and analytical data to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvements, and assure resolution. Challenge results and drive improvements. Coach others in the interpretation of results.
- Lead risk assessment analysis throughout the plant. Manage issues with non-conforming product to assure proper control, minimize loses, and provide analysis to drive the elimination of future occurrences.
- Provide training in the area of food science, regulatory requirements, and quality measurement systems to appropriate personnel.
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
PepsiCo QC Manager Vacancy