Pepsico Quality Food Science Job Opening – Apply Online
It is an excellent opportunity to gain experience managing a team on sanitation and food safety success. The ideal person has excellent communication and coaching skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
Job Title: Quality Food Safety Senior Resource
Location: Denver, Colorado
Department: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Req Id: 255816BR
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related major is preferred
- Knowledge of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is required
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision-making. Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- Proficient in quality Regulatory procedures and GMP/AIB requirements in a manufacturing setting
- Preferred experience with one of the GFSI schematics (FSSC 22000, BRC, GFS, GRMS, etc.)
- Understanding of sanitation, quality, OSHA and food safety requirements in a manufacturing setting
The expected Salary range is: $88K-95K
- The Quality and Food Safety Senior Resource is responsible for managing the Hourly Sanitation Team and the Food Safety Systems for the Site.
- The role includes the management of approximately 8 employees across the three shifts. The role has a site-wide impact as the owner of Food Safety Systems. The role has ownership over auditing processes.
- The role will mainly be on the 1st shift but will require leadership across all 3 shifts. Lead all sanitation and food safety initiatives for Manufacturing Operations. Schedule may vary based on business needs (including night or evening shifts, weekends and holidays)
- Lead team of 8 hourly associates with varying levels of experience and education
- Responsible for people and team development, quality systems performance, cost, service and safety
- Develop team members, Team Supervisors, SCL’s to solve and maintain sanitation, quality, and regulatory issues
- Motivate the team to achieve compliance to Regulatory and Food Safety requirements.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve a continuous improvement process
- Coach team members to use the process and facilitate problem-solving on the floor
- Drive performance around sanitation/quality/food safety-related KPMs
- Lead Internal Audit Program, Regulatory Compliance, and all Food Safety Programs.
- Serve as lead auditor for all internal/2nd /3rd party audits.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day sanitation issues and reach short- & long-term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan and regulatory goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables.)
- Develop and administer policies and practices. Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Think quickly, creatively and challenge the team to do the same
Pepsico Quality Food Science