Pepsico R&D Job Opening 2020 – Principal Scientist
Pepsico R&D Job Pepsico Food Science Job Pepsico job opening 2020, Pepsico invites candidates with food science and biology degree for the post of R&D QA Principal Scientist post vacancy. Interested candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: R&D QA Principal Scientist
Location: Plano, Texas
Category: Research and Development
Req Id: 216292BR
Pepsico R&D Job
- Bachelor’s (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Food Science, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Microbiology or related field and ten (10) years of experience in the job offered or related role. Must have HACCP Certification and FSPCA PCQI (Preventive Control Qualified Individual) Certification. Must have two (2) years of experience with: product formula and ingredient specification software systems; assessing microbiological, chemical, allergen and physical food safety risks in design and manufacturing of foods; food safety audit concept and techniques
- Pepsico R&D Job Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certified standards (FSSC 22000, BRC, SQF); Canadian Food Inspection Agencies (CFIA), Safe Food for Canadians Act (SFCA) regulations, Canadian Product recall & withdrawal requirements
- US FDA, USDA & Food Safety Modernization Act regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens, pest control, and food microbiology and environmental pathogen monitoring programs
- and working with high acid, low acid, preserved and unpreserved food products, syrups, concentrates, aseptic systems & low acid canned or bottled foods or beverages. Must have experience with: interpreting a variety of food safety-related scientific & technical documents, Canadian & U.S. Food safety-related regulatory guidance documents and research studies; and project management. Travel required up to 30% of the time.
- Drive food safety strategies and plans to support the PepsiCo Canada business unit (BU) and North America Foods (NAF) sector food safety strategic plan, in alignment with the Pepsico food safety policies. Lead efforts to communicate food safety requirements, and provide training of all pertinent requirements and best practices related to food safety.
- Drive food safety initiatives to enable the maintenance of safe design of processes and products within the current portfolio, and with future innovations. Ensure BU food safety compliance for packaging, products and processes, and other activities that enable the production of safe and legal products for consumers of PepsiCo beverage brands.
- Oversee integration of food safety elements into an innovation project stage-gate process to enable flawless execution and drive value into PepsiCo foods, business strategy to help drive advantaged innovation. Ensure delivery of technical expertise to develop and drive HACCP food allergen, and HACCP transfer checklists requirements to support new ingredients, products, packages, and processes.
- Assume a leadership role in PepsiCo food safety professional conference execution and food safety resource development, in addition to external interface with the Canada food safety and inspection service (CFIA).
- Ensure HACCP transfer plans are in place and effective in NAF and all manufacturing sites.
- Pepsico R&D Job Ensure allergen management programs are in a place where needed and are assessed in all locations. Review and approve product ingredients, formulations, allergen labelling and packaging.