Perkin Elmer Biology Specialist Vacancy – Apply Online
imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 17,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Job Title: Lab Services Specialist
Location Richmond, VirginiaUS
Job ID JR-035555
High school diploma
1-2 years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a research laboratory
- Experience using Microsoft 365 including Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Experience with laboratory management systems
- Knowledge of general laboratory safety practices
- Familiarity with automation laboratory equipment
- Aseptic technique
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite.
- Frequently use, objects, tools, or controls, which will require regular bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Move or lift up to 50 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds).
Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (inspection of glassware), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust priorities in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Potential risk to lab-based hazards including but not limited to chemicals, biologicals, potent compounds, research material, etc
Job Description Summary:
Candidate to provide critical lab support at a customer site in Richmond, VA. The Lab Services Specialist ensures all customers have adequate support in lab functions including laboratory organization, equipment disposition, equipment relocation, basic routine maintenance, inventory management, lab sanitation services per established SOP’s and work instructions and in accordance with all company policies and procedures. A successful candidate should have great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and be able to work independently.
- Basic instrument Maintenance
- Change filter material for refrigerators, incubators, freezers
- Change soap and neutralizer on dishwashers
- Change batteries in freezers, UPS systems
- Clean and defrost freezers
- Adjusting settings on Tier 1 lab equipment
- Inventory management and instrument relocation
- Organizing lab materials
- Identifying waste and notifying correct team per SOP
- Identifying consumables
- Relocate lab equipment
- Equipment inventory and storage
- Packaging and palletizing equipment for shipment and storage
- Escorting vendors
Perkin Elmer Biology Specialist