PerkinElmer Hiring Scientist – Life Science Candidates Apply
BioLegend, Inc. (a PerkinElmer Company) develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
Job Title: Scientist 1
Location: Lafayette, Colorado
Job ID JR-031090
Elibgility Criteria & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or a closely related field, required
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment
- 3 or more years of relevant laboratory experience
- Expanded understanding of laboratory standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of oligonucleotide chemistries, modifications, and methodologies.
- Ability to learn, troubleshoot, and operate specialized laboratory equipment, computers, and instrumentation software
- A proactive go-getter with a bias for action and fixing problems that arise in the lab or with equipment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to regularly move items weighing 30-60 pounds, with or without accommodation
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
Advanced analytical skills using Microsoft Excel, with proficient data entry and typing skills
Professional and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the talent fo
- Process and purify customer samples, specifically PerkinElmer (PKI) products, using
- Anion Exchange and Reverse Phase HPLC purification methods using multiple purification platforms.
- Conduct quality control testing using HPLC, LCMS, UV-VIS spectroscopy, and another analytical testing as needed.
- Accurately and efficiently complete final packaging of customer samples.
- Prioritize workload to meet customer needs and new product launches.
- Cross-train to ensure the capability to complete the primary tasks in each of the Custom
- Manufacturing laboratories, including, but not limited to, Custom Oligonucleotide Synthesis and Post Synthetic Processing.
- Assist in the manufacturing of Custom oligonucleotides as needed for our customers using established protocols.
- Assist in installation, testing, qualification, and implementation of all laboratory equipment for the new lab area focused on PKI products.
- Identify laboratory processes and/or equipment abnormalities and assist in the investigation, testing, and re-validation as necessary.
- Accurately and effectively complete basic equipment tasks including, but not limited to, AX and Reverse Phase purification system set-up and operation, analytical testing, laboratory clean-up, planning workload based on priorities, and final packaging of the product. Collect requested data and communicate them to Manager and/or Team Lead.
- Maintain proper lab maintenance and upkeep per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and 5S standards.
- Comply with all EH&S regulations and policies.
- Fulfill other training, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
- Must be willing to work in a lab with hazardous chemicals.
- Assist in the training of new and current employees and provide guidance for error prevention.
- Assist in the implementation of new processes and procedures
- Lead and/or participate in improvement projects utilizing continuous improvement tools and assistance from the Process Development team.
PerkinElmer Hiring Scientist