Pfizer Biological Science Job Opening 2021 – Scientist
This scientist position is a lab based role. The incumbent will have experience with molecular biology techniques for DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, sequencing, and application of molecular techniques for biological analysis and characterization of nucleic acids, proteins, or vaccine products. The candidate will perform lab-based development and validation of molecular biology assays for testing vaccine products. The candidate will be expected to work efficiently with cross-functional teams.
Job Title: Scientist, Biology
Location: United States – New York – Pearl River
- Strong experience working in a highly regulated laboratory environment.
- Knowledge and expertise in principles and practice of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Understanding of DNA replication and the principles of PCR.
- BS in biological science or biochemistry or molecular biology with 4+ years of research experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in molecular biology and PCR. Strong assay development skills.
- Documentation skills including generating high-quality protocols, reports and documents for regulatory submissions and maintaining laboratory findings in an electronic notebook.
- Experience with molecular data analysis using specialized software and basic bioinformatics, familiarity with concepts in statistics.
- Ability to effectively manage, organize, and prioritize multiple projects, effectively communicate results to the project team, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with laboratory automation and Hamilton robotics a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and validate PCR assays for detection of viruses and bacteria from clinical samples, including blood, nasal swabs, or other patient specimens.
- Prepare sequencing libraries and run next-generation sequencers.
- Implement new methods and equipment based on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Operate Hamilton Vantage workstation for the execution of high-throughput sample analysis.
Use your own scientific judgment to apply and adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience.
- Maintain lab records compliant with cGMP.
- Apply new cutting-edge technologies to improve throughput for in-process testing and enhance the capability of product biological characterization.
- Support method transfers to other groups and external partners.
- Analyze results and methods, solve analytical problems, troubleshoot assays and meet regulatory expectations for analytics.
- Contribute to preparation and review of standard operating procedures, method development reports, and qualification/validation protocols and reports.
Last Date to Apply for Job: June 25, 2021
– Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer Biological Science Job