Pfizer Hiring Freshers – Viral Vaccines Scientist Post Vacancy
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
Job Title: Associate Scientist – Viral Vaccines
Location: United States – New York – Pearl River
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of our RNA-based vaccine platform. You will perform molecular cloning, RNA generation, and RNA characterization to help optimize vaccine design strategies.
A key focus will be to assist in the implementation of novel synthetic technology and molecular biology approaches that can rapidly, accurately, and efficiently produce high-quality DNA constructs to make game-changing RNA vaccines with superior efficacy or for other virology applications. Work and documentation are to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and cGLP and/or cGMP guidelines where appropriate.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Virology, or a related scientific field. MS with
- 0-2 years of research experience, or BS with 2-4 years of laboratory research experience.
- Laboratory hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques (eg. PCR, qPCR, cloning, DNA/RNA production and purification, sequencing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of molecular biology and sequence analysis software, and proficiency with word processing, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must be detail-oriented; possess problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
Industry experience preferred
Previous experience handling and manipulating RNA highly desirable.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for employee referral programs: YES
- Eligible for relocation support: YES
How You Will Achieve It
- Apply gene synthesis technologies and molecular biology to advance and optimize our RNA-based vaccine platform technology.
- Perform molecular techniques that include (but are not limited to) cloning, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, RNA manipulation, and analysis.
- Support the development and implementation of molecular tools and assays to characterize DNA/RNA.
- In collaboration with the manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings as needed.
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactorily completes all safety and quality training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
Pfizer Hiring Freshers