Pfizer Freshers Job Opening 2021 – Biology, Microbiology & Virology Apply
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting-edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
Job Title: Associate Scientist – HCID
Location: United States – New York – Pearl River
- B.S. in a relevant field.
- 0-2 years of experience in the industry.
- Laboratory experience in biology, immunology, virology, and/or microbiology.
- Familiarity with biofunctional assay development is a plus.
- Experience handling infectious agents and biological materials safely, including toxins and viruses.
- Robotic and automation experience is a plus.
- Experience following GLP guidelines, including adhering to SOPs, instrument IOQ/PQ, good documentation practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Comfortable using GraphPad Prism and JMP is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for employee referral programs: YES
Eligible for relocation support: YES
The role of the incumbent is to perform biofunctional assays to support and monitor the immune responses elicited by Pfizer’s vaccine candidates in phase 2/3 clinical studies. This role will be responsible for performing biofunctional assays to support clinical testing of human serum samples in the Neutralization Assay Group using a robotic liquid handling workstation. As an integral member of this dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with group members. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GLP and/or GCLP guidelines, when required.
- Perform experiments related to the development and optimization of biofunctional assays.
- Execute testing of preclinical and clinical samples to meet program timelines.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is meeting the company’s compliance guidelines including preventative maintenance and monthly calibrations.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory, including ordering/ restocking supplies, updating reagent inventory, and ensuring cleanliness.
- Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Pfizer Freshers Job Opening