Pfizer Senior Associate Scientist Vacancy – Biochemistry & Virology Apply
Pfizer Senior Associate Scientist Pfizer announces job openings for Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology candidates. Job opportunity for biochemistry candidates. Biology job opening 2021. Candidates are invited for the post of a senior associate scientist. Sr associate scientist job opening 2021. Biochemistry job opening 2021. Biology job opening 2021. Intrested candidates may apply online. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Senior Associate Scientist-Viral Vaccine
Location: United States – New York – Pearl River
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of candidate viral vaccines. You will perform various assays to monitor the immune responses elicited by vaccine candidates and maintaining cell lines, weekly processing of red blood cells, and preparing samples for testing. You will also assist with molecular and virology work to generate plasmid constructs for RNA and reverse genetic virus stocks plus optimizing RNA vaccines. Your skills and expertise will ensure that all work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines and Good Lab Practices cGLP and/or (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) cGMP guidelines.
Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- The incumbent is expected to apply molecular biology and biochemistry to advance our RNA-based vaccine platform, especially the RNA vaccine design strategies optimization.
Perform molecular techniques that include (but are not limited to) recombinant DNA techniques, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, RNA manipulation, and analysis.
- In collaboration with the manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings as needed.
Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
Satisfactorily completes all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related scientific field. MS with 2 years of research experience, or BS with 6 years of laboratory research experience, industry experience preferred.
- Experience in biochemical assay development for manipulating and analyzing RNA (e.g. IVT, RNA purification/quantification).
- Determine and analyze RNA structure and modification and optimize RNA structure for functionality.
- Experience with cell culture and cell-based assays is preferred.
Must be detail-oriented; possess problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills. And be a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES