Pfizer Virology Freshers Vacancy 2021 – Candidates Apply Online
Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and the potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Job Title: Sr. Scientist, Viral Vaccines
Location: United States – New York – Pearl River
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or virology with 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Skilled in molecular and synthetic biology, including bioinformatic sequence design, oligonucleotide and gene synthesis, DNA assembly and amplification (Gibson assembly, Golden Gate cloning, RCA, etc.), protein expression, molecular cloning, enzymatic manipulations of nucleic acids, sequencing analysis, and PCR/qPCR.
- Technically proficient in virology and mammalian cell-based assays.
- Ability to work well in sight of aggressive timelines and excellence in multitasking
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual
- Demonstrate curiosity and creative desire to answer scientific questions
- Industry experience in pre-clinical vaccine research and development.
- Experience with alphavirus vectors and their replication, RNA biology, and vaccine development highly desirable
- Familiarity with the field of influenza vaccines
- As a member of the Viral Vaccines Research team, the candidate will join a collaborative program to research and develop RNA-based vaccines for influenza and other respiratory viruses. The program will integrate synthetic biology and RNA platform development to rapidly and reliably respond to virus strain changes for seasonal vaccine updates and for pandemic outbreaks. The individual will work on the next generation of RNA vaccines.
- This is a laboratory-based position that encompasses molecular biology work to clone and purify DNA and RNA constructs, to evaluate different strategies to improve the effectiveness of RNA platforms and to understand the MOA of RNA vaccines. The ideal applicant should have experience in alphavirus replication and/or alphavirus as vectors and technical knowledge and understanding of RNA biology.
- The candidate should possess a strong scientific curiosity and rigor and be adaptable to take on the group’s scientific challenges as they arise. The candidate will work closely with the Sr. Director of Viral Vaccines, project teams, supporting lines, and external collaborators to drive the design and execution of experiments, and take a “hands-on” role in laboratory activities. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team and should possess a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit.
- Generate DNA templates for RNA-based vaccines to support the selection of optimal antigen and vector designs.
- Perform molecular biology experiments including cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, in vitro transcription, and other RNA characterization techniques among others.
- Support the design and execution of relevant in vitro models and cell-based assays.
- The document, interpret, and communicate experiments in this core area of expertise with a goal of advancing viral vaccine development, demonstrating high standards of scientific rigor, including compliant documentation and adherence to formal quality standards when necessary.
- Collaborate extensively with those from other scientific disciplines from within the group, from other subdivisions of viral vaccines, from other divisions of Pfizer, and potentially from external partners.
- Mentor junior scientists’ activities and provide technical guidance when necessary, with the potential to manage 1 or more direct reports.
- Take on additional scientific challenges as necessary to advance the group’s goals.
Pfizer Virology Freshers Vacancy