Post Consumer Brands Quality Food Safety Intern Vacancy
Looking to pursue a career in Quality Food Safety at a growing consumer packaged goods company? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in an innovative, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for a Quality Food Safety Intern for a 12-week summer 2022 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission is at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
Post Consumer Brands invests in opportunities for early career talent to grow their career through meaningful work, sponsorship, networking, and intentional experiences.
Job Title: Quality Food Safety Intern (Summer 2022)
Brand: Post Consumer Brands
Career Area: Intern
Location: Northfield, Minnesota
Req Id: 10658
Northfield, Minn. is home to two Post Consumer Brands manufacturing plants, the Campbell Mill and Ames Mill, two distribution centers, and more than 750 team members producing a wide variety of Post cereal products. Northfield is a town steeped in history, featuring two colleges and the original Ames Mill where the Malt-O-Meal Company got its start. Take advantage of your newfound work-life balance at Post by exploring Northfield’s many festivals and beautiful outdoor recreation areas, while staying involved with the Northfield team’s community efforts focused on hunger relief and career exploration.
- Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Food Science, Food Processing, Engineering, Microbiology or related field
- Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
- A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
- Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
- Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
- Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
- Interest in the consumer-packaged goods/manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
- Offering competitive compensation
- Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
- Eligible for housing & relocation stipend
- Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
The purpose of this position is to provide an opportunity to develop broad-based business knowledge in targeted functional areas where there is a strong desire to build internal talent.? This knowledge will be gained through a summer intern program with exposure to several functions across the plant.?The ultimate goal is for participants to gain an in-depth understanding of the Post approach to business so that they can have access to accelerated growth opportunities and position themselves for leadership roles within the company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Quality Food Safety Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles within the plant and will learn all areas of the plant Quality Assurance Department which includes product formulation, sanitation, pest control, product analysis, statistical process control, product testing and interaction with government regulatory agencies concerning quality control. Assignments may include work such as:
- Quality assurance and food safety program elements
- Utilization of Quality Assurance data to measure product quality performance.
- Product quality initiatives related to customer visits and sales and marketing communications.
- Regarding the disposition of HOLD product and root cause analysis.
- Continuous improvement activities.
- GMP audits and inspections.
- HACCP and allergen programs.
Possible Projects include:
- Validation of Plant HACCP Plans
- Create an online hold order system to simplify the finished food hold/release procedure
- Participate in Annual SQF Audit
Post Consumer Brands Quality