Process Technology Scientist Internship 2022 at E&J Gallo Winery
Process Technology Scientist Internship 2022 at E&J Gallo Winery. E&J Gallo is a world-class research and manufacturing organization. This internship provides the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge Research & Development projects in both the laboratory and winery setting. You will work side-by-side with professional technology managers, gaining valuable hands-on expertise in a variety of aspects of winery operation.
Process Technology Scientist Internship 2022 (6 months)
Location: Modesto, CA, US
The Process Technology Internship Program for Scientists is searching for appropriate candidates to fill the 6 month positions within our Process Technology Department. Interns will assist in the development and scale-up of new technologies for the Winery. Interns working on technology projects will assist in managing a portion of an ongoing development project. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a lab or production environment and increase your skill base for future employment or graduate school.
Interns will work with cross-functional teams, including operations, winemaking, engineering and operators to execute technology projects that are undertaken during the harvest season.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, or Microbiology.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Available for the entire duration of this internship program – mid-June 2021 through mid-December 2021.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 lbs when necessary.
- Required to work at heights of 50 feet, on tops of tanks inspecting wine surfaces when necessary.
- Required availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, or Microbiology.
- Strong applied technical skills and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and team skills and experience managing multiple assignments.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical inclination and an aptitude for design of equipment and manufacturing processes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Inside/Outside conditions: During crush, work estimated at least 50% (but not limited to) outside with weather of varying types.
- Wet/Slippery conditions vary and may include work in rain.
- Noise levels may vary. Occasional situations where ear protection is required.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.