Reynolds American Next-Generation Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Reynolds American Next-Generation scientist job Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company LLC.; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc., and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company. RAI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco (BAT).
The employees of RAI and its subsidiaries are committed to innovation with the purpose: transforming the tobacco industry. Our employees are invited and expected to think and act boldly – and are rewarded for it. Our people drive innovation and ignite the thought leadership that is transforming an entire industry.
Job Title: Scientist Next-Generation Oral Product
Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Eligibility: Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.), Master of Science (M.S.), or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent project management, time management, team collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to engage with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Ability to actively participate in a Team-based environment and collaboratively work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly develop credibility and begin influencing within an organization
- Strong business and technical writing skills, presentation skills and attention to detail
Relevant Experience and Preferred Skills:
- Prior experience in a regulated consumer goods industry e.g. tobacco, nutraceutical, strongly preferred but not required
- Familiarity or experience with some of the following: pouching technology, powder formulation, lozenge formulation, tablet formulation, gum formulation, extraction chemistry, functional ingredients
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop and drive key strategies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills of dependability and credibility
- Effectively communicate with peers and management
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts cross-functionally
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
- A primary responsibility of the Scientist – Smokeless Product Development will be to lead development activities for a range of smokeless tobacco products. It is expected that development will encompass a broad range of product offerings, most specifically Next Generation Products with increasingly established harm-reduction potential. Such products will range from modern variants of pouched products through completely dissolvable lozenge-type products.
- Products may include tobacco, tobacco extracts including pharmaceutical grade nicotine, as well as non-tobacco and non-nicotine designs. The development of oral tobacco products requires a strong fundamental science background, e.g. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and strong project management skills. RAI is a leader in this category of products.
This position will report through Smokeless Product Development management and will work with others on the team to drive development of new characteristics in current products as well as the development of new to world concepts.
Accountabilities/Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Scientist – Smokeless Product Development must exhibit strong project management and technical leadership skills. The scientist will be expected to support the execution of multiple projects with changing priorities and aggressive timelines. He/she must be a self-starter, demonstrate competency in creative Development and possess excellent communication skills as he/she must be able to work in a diverse, multi-functional project team to accomplish goals.
- The incumbent will collaborate across numerous internal functions (both domestically and globally), as well as with external vendors, to deliver successful outcomes within specified timelines.
- Manage development activities across multiple product formats (pouched products, pressed tablets, lozenges, gums)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and support diverse project teams to execute new solutions
- Provide technical support for commercialization
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and external partners
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers the opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. The company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Next-Generation