Schreiber Foods Lab Intern Position For Biology & Food Sciences
Schreiber Foods Lab Intern Position For Biology & Food Sciences. Schreiber Foods strives to do good through food every day. Based in North America, we’re a customer-brand leader in cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese, shelf-stable beverages and yogurt. Our more than 8,000 employees and presence on five continents enable us to be an essential ingredient in our customers’ success.
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Category: Intern
Job Family: Student Intern
The corporate laboratory is located in Green Bay and is looking for an ongoing paid intern to assist laboratory staff in the routine daily activities as well as projects related to laboratory methods and operations. This lab internship will work fulltime during the summer/winter breaks and part-time (15+ hours/week) during the school year. Hours worked must be between 6am-6pm and also Saturdays as needed. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting the laboratory staff with their day-to-day needs
- Completing projects as directed by leader (ex. instrument on-boarding and trialing)
- Conducting analytical testing of dairy products
- Conducting product applications tests.
What you will need to succeed:
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Sciences, Nutritional (or any other related field). If enrolled in an Associate’s degree program must have a plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree immediately after associates is completed.
- Duration: On-going until graduation (full time in summer, at least 15 hours per week during school year)
- Background working in a lab environment
- Safe lab practices
- Strong statistic skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities
- Attention to detail
- Interest in food industry
- Ability to work alone
- Team-oriented mentality
- Analytical thinking
- Strong computer skills
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver’s license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.