Smithfield Foods Biology & Food Science Job Opening 2022
Smithfield Foods announces job opening for biology and food science candidates, Food Science job opening 2022, Biology job opening 2022. Biotech job opening 2022. Candidates with bachelor’s degree in biology and food science may apply for the job opening at Smithfield. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Laboratory Systems and Analytics Supervisor
Job Id: D 2022-23872
Job Locations US-OH-Cincinnati | US-IL-Lisle | US-MO-Kansas City
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related science field and 2 years experience in a laboratory and/or quality/food safety experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of managing laboratory systems.
- Knowledge of various pathogens and microbes associated with food production
- Hands-on experience conducting microbiological/chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of 3rd party accreditation (A2LA, USDA) and AOAC standards.
- Ability to use a variety of basic laboratory equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of and protocols for the Smithfield Shelf Life Policy and laboratory systems. The FSQA Systems Supervisor will manage Smithfield’s companywide shelf-life program including the data generated from the program. This position is also accountable for evaluating and supporting all business, sales, operations, and FSQA requests to expand and refine existing laboratory program systems.
- Interacts with laboratory management and FSQA leadership to ensure current and new laboratory technologies meet business needs
- Guarantee all systems and applications meet laboratory accreditation standards
- Works as a liaison with internal IT departments and external software/hardware vendors to ensure FSQA systems are supported and operational
- Refine, expand, and integrate existing systems (Internal Databases, Corvium, etc.)
Assist Regulatory Affairs and/or FSQA personnel with ongoing projects and data management
Shelf Life Program
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and compliance of the Shelf Life Policy
- Partner with technology process leads on shelf life database improvements/management
Manage business requests for shelf l
- ife extensions, new product FSQA approval, shelf life investigations
- Responsible for onboarding of new users to the database
Smithfield Foods Biology